Join our team of highly motivated and professional individuals who are working hard to deliver better biologics. Progenicare is only as great as the people behind it. We are always looking for talented people with the integrity, passion and creativity necessary to produce in a fast-paced, demanding, small company atmosphere. Progenicare seeks to hire the best.
The Company offers competitive base salaries, performance bonuses, health benefit stipends, phone stipends, a relaxed work environment, and a great group of people to work with. We conduct business following the spirit and the intent of the equal opportunity laws and we strive towards maintaining a diverse community. We encourage excellence at all levels in our organization.
Interested in working with us? Review the following list of job openings.
Title: Director, Sales
Job Type: Full-Time
Locations: Houston, Seattle
Regions: Southwest and Northwest, U.S.A.
We will consider applicants on a case-by-case basis, based on relevant experience. We will consider candidates in Houston and Seattle.
We are seeking to fill two Director, Sales positions for our Southwest and Northwest operations. The new hire will be responsible for a broad set of duties involving the sales and service of the Company’s osteobiologic products, which are provided to surgeons and hospitals. This is a first-line, individual-contributor sales position and is not a management role. The Director will be responsible for customer acquisition and retention. The Director will:
- Lead complex sales-cycles (from cold calling thru full customer adoption)
- Manage product sales;
- Direct customer meetings and presentations;
- Service select customer procedures;
- Supervise customer education;
- Prepare business letters and documents;
- Prepare reports and analysis as needed;
- Maintain and organize customer information;
- Manage instruction and guidance on proper product usage;
- Manage and maintain existing customer relationships;
- Prepare and organize data;
- Assume additional duties and responsibilities as requested
The new hire can expect to spend a majority of their time selling and expanding the market share of the Company. In addition, they need to be focused on managing and supporting the needs of the surgeons and hospitals that the Company works with. The Director will need to become a subject matter expert within osteobiologics and will need to effectively communicate with an audience that is typically populated by MDs. The new hire must be highly credible and have both the intellectual dexterity and emotional IQ to manage a complex sales-cycle.
The Director must be adept at using and servicing the Company’s products. The new hire will need to become comfortable in an operating room setting and the role includes time in this surgical environment. The Director will need to quickly become an expert on the Company’s products and services. The subject matter is complex and requires an ability to fully comprehend the core science. Intellectual curiosity and agility are strongly desired. The Company will provide a high level of support and training for the new hire.
Just as important is the need to have strong interpersonal skills. The ability to actively listen, understand customer needs, and then be persuasive is critical. The Director will need to possess the interpersonal skills to forge relationships with both customers and partners. The new hire must also exhibit outsized tenacity, enthusiasm and a willingness to work hard. While the position will be based in either Houston or Seattle, the position will likely require travel within multiple states.
The new hire will be asked to provide creative insights to help identify, clarify, and resolve issues critical to Company’s operational success. We are looking for thoughtful and inquisitive people who can add value to the team. This role will require (1) enthusiasm; (2) strong interpersonal skills; (3) competitiveness; (4) an understanding of the biological sciences or the ability to quickly learn; (5) sales skills; (6) well developed organizational skills; (7) hard work; (8) sound judgment; and (9) regular travel.
The Director will be evaluated based upon their ability to manage their duties while delivering enthusiasm and professionalism. New customer sales, existing customer retention, customer satisfaction and the ability to work within a team are the key drivers of performance. This position will include a salary plus a sizable performance bonus.
- Results orientation
- High enthusiasm and healthy ambition
- High energy and willingness to work hard
- Competitiveness (desire to win)
- Strong attention to detail
- An interest in medical sales and services
- Strong interpersonal skills (friendly, engaging, persuasive, etc.)
- Well-developed presentation skills (present, inform, sell and listen)
- Strong customer service instincts and capabilities (service orientation)
- Ability to sell
- Ability to self-manage and work effectively under tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Good computer skills
- BS, Masters or PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, or physiology (would be helpful but not required)
- Sound judgment and decision making ability
- Ability to quickly learn new technology
- Driver’s license and access to an automobile
- Willingness to travel
- Two or more years of relevant work experience (not required but preferred)